We’re incredibly happy to have been entrusted to find a sharp, new Senior PHP developer to join the team of an exciting, new client in London, UK.
You will get a unique opportunity to work with branded content using AI technologies, machine learning and integrating third-party APIs. All this is in order to help clients identify and maximise the positive effect of user generated content.
You will be part of a global team in an intelligent content marketing platform. Our client helps businesses create and publish carefully crafted ‘social walls’ for display on websites, digital screens in offices and retail environments, at live events and trade shows.
The main point of the project is to efficiently collect and store posts from third party networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc. Then to find the best posts and show these to the customers so they can better curate them.
In our collaboration model, you will work and communicate directly with the development team on the client side.
- Manage the data fetching side of things which involves discussing and planning new features, optimisations and fixing issues.
- Guidance of other team members including Code Review.
- Coding wise the first project you’ll be working on is Performance Predictions, which means finding valuable UGC content.
- Analysing collected posts and extracting key indicators from to score and rank the posts.
- Be a self-starter, take ownership of the project
What we offer
- Work in a friendly, truly inclusive team with a family-like feel
- Cozy, comfortable and well-equipped office in the city center
- Minimal hierarchy and direct communication with interesting international clients
- Personal development and professional growth
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and social benefits
- Medical insurance
- Team building activities (Beetroot breakfasts, movie nights, trips, parties and more)
- Included English lessons with native speaker to help you grow as a communicator
- Discounts on Beetroot Academy courses for our employees and their family members
- Yearly allowance to participate in competence-enhancing events
What we’re looking for
- Solid experience with PHP 5.6+ & PHP 7+
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr etc.
- Good understanding of Relational database
- Great SQL is knowledge is essential (MariaDB 10+ preferably)
- Experience with Lumen/Laravel
- Queues and workers; they use SQS and are looking to move to Redis
- Proficient understanding of UNIX, you must be comfortable on the command line
- Experienced in working with growing dataset
- Good level of English
- Working knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, JS
- Previous experience with Codeigniter
- Familiarity with Redis
- You love borsch!